keskiviikko 1. helmikuuta 2012

Well, I watched Terra Nova.

There was this "sci-fi" TV show called Terra Nova that started airing in Finland last saturday. Unfortunately I missed teh first episode, and decided that illegal download was the way to go this time, and downloaded the first episode. Well, I accidentally downloaded the first season instead, so I thought that what the heck.

 Well, hate to bring this down to you, but it wasn't too good. Wasn't too bad either, though. It was like The Little House in the Praerie with dinosaurs. Yeah, and 85 million years in(apparently) the past.
The plot was....Ugh, just like any other teenager drama ever. But with dinosaurs! That's got to be good, right?
Nope.
 The main plot, beyond the whole teeangers-in-love shit is, surprisingly, pretty entertaining. Story of settlers in a hostile world trying to get along, this could have been soooooooo good if it were serious all along. I'm talking Firefly good, this series had SO much potential, but tehy screwed it to up the number of viewers. They tried to take a serious premise, and make it the whole family's show. unfortunately, I liked some of the plot twists enough to not spoil it for the readers, this part will be considerably shorter than usual with my reviews.

 I've heared the rumor that Terra Nova would be the most expensive TV show ever produced, and I wouldn't be surprised. The environments, the vehicles, all are top notch. Except props and armor. In spite of the 20 million budget, every single prop gun in this show is made from a Nerf gun, apparently to make the show more kid-friendly. The armors also, are all just motorcycle/paintball armor, which, for a prop person like me, is disappointing, it doesn't even look that futuristic(Wanna see good futuristic armor and props? Watch Aliens.) Clothing department though, was great(although I hated the Justin Bieber impression they pulled off with the protagonist's son)

 I can't say that I'd suggest the show for anyone, but if you like shoddy sci-fi wannabe teenager dramas, your of cup of tea.

Bottomline: Terra Nova starts very slowly, and without the stupid sideplots it would have been much better. Also, I was little disappointed with the shortness of it(only 11 episodes, with the first and last double the length of other ep's). It had potential, but again, capitalism wrecks art.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti